Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Striking Black and White

I came across a few versions of black and white recently that I thought you'd like to see.  Normally this look is too stark for me, but I must admit I found these striking!



You guys already know I love petrified wood...how amazing are these knobs?

Very cool global chic...


yes, those are butterflies...




Not a fan of the chair (for the record :)) but I like the rest and the pinks/corals soften the space..



I think this is actually dark blue and white, but it's striking in the same way.






More great art...I wish I was musical enough to justify this!




This one has a great Slettvoll feel to it..lovely!





I hope you enjoyed these striking rooms!
To see another post on black rooms, look here.

Thanks so much for reading!




7 comments:

Charulie said...

The dining chairs in the first photo look so comfortable!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Beautiful images, Barbara. I love a black and white room when it's done right. My favorite is the 6th pics from the bottom.

Monica said...

Went back to your 2011 post on black and white and love the photos especially the shells on the bookcase against the black painted panel.

Kathysue said...

Barbara,
I love black and white paired together and use it in my home but with pops of color. I just find it such a classic combo. Great images on this post, thank you for gathering them all together for us. Kathysue

Unknown said...

It's usually too stark for me too but I would love to do a guest bathroom (or something like that) in all black and white. I adore that butterfly print.

mary said...

I will always love black and white. Just sent out a pair of french moderne chairs to be upholstered in Ralph Lauren black linen....now I need to find just the right touch of white. Great images.
Mary

emily said...

I LOVE the 3rd one from the bottom. It looks like such a nice place to curl up with a book (or Ipad)
Thanks for sharing.

Emily @ Town And Country Shuffle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...