Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Merchants of Venice

I'm back today to share a few highlights from Venice, via the beautiful shop windows that we enjoyed while strolling down the cobblestone alleyways, hearing Italian spoken at every turn.  It was an enchanting visit, and really changed my opinion of Venice to fairly dismal to quite positive, I have to admit!  Here are a few of my favorite things that I spotted in the shops:

 One can't help but be inspired with markets like these!

 Venice isn't Venice without masks of every kind...

A more modern take on the Venetian mask.


More gorgeous greens...and it's almost December. 

Mmmm...salty olives! 


 More gorgeous produce.



Because Venice wasn't so overrun with tourists, we were able to observe how a city on water really works, with deliveries buzzing around in boats non-stop

The glass creations were the most impressive, with everything imaginable created. 

I hope you enjoyed our window-shopping.  More tomorrow!



8 comments:

Marianne said...

I had no idea you were planning a trip to Venice! It's definitely on my list of places I'd love to visit. We will have to get together in person soon. I'd love to hear all about it!

I Dream Of said...

Welcome home, Barbara! I'm so glad you got to visit Venice when you were in Europe! What a fun place to spend Thanksgiving while the rest of us were gobbling up turkey. I spent a couple weeks there about a dozen years ago painting and studying the art and history, it was and amazing adventure. I've always wanted to go back, but feared the tourist hordes. We'll have to go in the off-season one of these years! Glad you are back! XO

veuvemcd said...

Thank you for this post. I adore Venice and will finally get to go for Carnevale in Feb. Molto entusiasta!

carolyn bradford said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip! What I wouldn't give to go to Venice!

Haus and Home said...

Beautiful photos! I love those insects!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Barbara-
I would come home penniless. The masks are fabulous!! I love everything here.
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo

cindy hattersley design said...

I so want to go back to Italy. This post really brings back wonderful memories! Maybe next year!!

Monica said...

Delicious olives, boats on water and buildings with colors that are so picturesque. I have not been yet but it is goal one day. I love hearing of places to visit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...