Monday, June 11, 2012

Beautiful Door Ideas

Hi Everybody!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We had a great time with an out of town guest that we hadn't seen in a long time - it was great catching up and exploring a bit of Seattle with him along the way.  


I think that anyone who loves great design can appreciate a great front (or back!) door.  I fell in love with so many of them while we were traveling around Europe that I did a post of my photos that you can see here.  I thought a fun post would be about some beautiful, unique and remarkable doors and the entry leading up to them.  Take a look and see what you think:


unique round window dormers

Atelier AM

mansard style





lovely entryway with gate
Spanish colonial - gorgeous!

pediment, Ferguson & Shamamian - love the latticework

great looking door
Urban sophistication.

striking



spanish style


patio please
Wow.


in Oakland

.


love this entryway.
Simple and lovely!


Apricot trees and pebble rug, via Nuevo Estilo
I love the rustic, yet elegant, Europe feel to this entry...


.

european, urban elegance!

doors

exterior of Kay Douglass' home

front door


Patio doors

Loggia

entry

I'd gladly take any of these.  How about you?




13 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, please. I' kind of partial to the Spanish Colonial or mediterranean look on some of these. All beautiful!

michele said...

beautiful! i love our front doors. they are made from south american walnut, arched, and have speakeasys (that we use!).

smiles.

michele

Taylor Greenwalt said...

The front door is so important to the whole feel of the house. You found some great examples.

Splendid Sass said...

Wow! No favorites here! So many gorgeous doors, and I will have to pin a few.
Glad that you had a nice weekend.
Happy Monday, Barbara.
Teresa
xoxo

I Dream Of said...

Such a gorgeous collection! I love a welcoming front door -whether grand or simple. We are getting ready to paint ours blue! I think it will be a big improvement.
Hope you can enjoy the sunshine today, Barbara! XO

The Buzz Blog said...

Absolutely! Love how the color of the door and the surrounding landscaping really makes a difference. Lovely to see you last week and we'll have to get you to NYC!
xxoo

Unknown said...

I love these doors- had to pin most of them!
Nice to find your beautiful blog.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Thoughts on Design said...

All your selections are wonderful. They speak to the importance of what I call the approach entry sequence.
Did post on it a while back... The front door is a family's opportunity to make a very public statement about who they are, their values, etc. It sets the tone of the welcoming experience. Not something to be taken lightly...

Cheers,
John

Victoria said...

Oh my. I don't know which one I love more. These are gorgeous. Don't you just adore Bobby McAlpine? Grandeur and comfort certainly describe his approachable architecture. I have to pin all of these.
Best...Victoria

Katie Nicoll said...

It seems that you had a wonderful tour in Europe and enjoyed taking pictures of the different styles of doors that you saw! The Spanish or Mediterranean designs of these doors definitely enhanced the overall appearance of the houses. The elegant designs of these doors and houses are great representations of the beautiful culture, standard of living, and taste of the European people. It is amazing how varied our taste for design is and how intricate we can be in creating such designs.

Willene Fagen said...

Oh, doors! All of these have distinctive appeals encored with them but if I were to choose, I’ll pick that arched glass door. It allows natural light to come into your home, making it charming, bright, and welcoming. :]

Mary Martin said...

Can’t blame you if you have to bring home pictures of them. Each door seems like it is custom made to fit the owner’s preference. European architecture is really one of the best and most established. I would really love to have one for a front door. :D

Unknown said...

Striking front doors! If you have got any problem in your garage doors in Austin TX, finding repair services for the same has become quite easy now. There are many reputed Garage Austin repair services in Austin that are present online and which provide quick and excellent repair services to the customers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...