Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Herb-Infused...

The weather here in Munich has been absolutely gorgeous the last few days.  Even if you aren't a gardener, you can't help but be motivated by great weather to plant something!  Yesterday I planted my herb garden and it got me (re-)thinking about how much I love urns and herbs - they are such a beautiful combination.  One of my very first posts was about urns - take a look here if you'd like to see more!  

The most stunning arrangement I have ever seen was at a great wine bar called Noble Rot in Portland long ago. It was HUGE and entirely made up of herbs...it smelled divine. I'd love to try to re-create it at some point - I wish I had taken a picture! 

Here are a few photos along those lines...

This would make a great display in an old container of any kind - love the counter surface too.  I picked up an old Chinese wooden rice gathering basket at a flea market that would be perfect for this look.

This classic kitchen gets a breath of fresh air from all of these herbs,
artichokes and the mini-lemon tree.  I love it!


Photo by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
This was at a beautiful market in France that sold everything including linens, fresh produce, baskets, you name it.  I bought some tea towels that I hang on my oven door and a few other nice things, but my favorite stand was this one with herbs of every kind in earthy, simple pots. 


I love these adorable herb markers from HomeSpun Sprout on etsy.
I'm thinking of getting these for my sister for her birthday because her yard is completely edible and organic.  I think she'd love these!

Photo by Barbara Jordan Dettweiler
I took a photo of this urn with thyme at a gorgeous antiques store in Provence last Summer. I like the idea of a whole collection of urns with herbs spilling out of them, right outside my kitchen...ready to be picked for dinner tonight!


{Graham and Green via Coco Male Blog}

What are you planting right now, and where?

4 comments:

Mona Thompson said...

Love all the herbs in the simple pots in France. So authentic.

Anonymous said...

love fresh herbs though it's been a while since I've had an herb garden...I miss it..thanks for the great inspiration...
maureen

Kimberly Moore said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I appreciate it so much. Your blog is full of so many good ideas. I have been wanting to try my hand at planting an herb garden. Having fresh greenery around the house makes such a difference. Thanks for the post!

Oh, and Munich is absolutely beautiful - how lucky you are to live there!

KSK said...

I have to recreate the topiary in that last photo! Those turquoise pots are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...